Sunday 24 April 2016

The Bond of Four - Backgrounds 1

   I started on this background ages back and wasted a lot of time messing around with it, but I suppose it also gave me the time to figure out how I should actually separate certain elements into their respective layers (Such as the tree at the very front). And in term of the style I am using, a painted look will still work, if I try to keep the line art for the animated characters as thinly done as possible (And perhaps even use other colours aside from black), I believe they will blend well together.

  Another extra little tidbit is the fact that I am trying to base the colour schemes of each background on my old illustrations (Such as using a green colour scheme for the palace gardens and a brown one for the town). In this case however, seeing as this is a completely new setting that was never in any of the original illustrations, I simply kept to the golden forest look as I had envisioned from the beginning whilst storyboarding, though it could be said that the look is also based on the one illustration I did for the author's note section as shown below, I was also hoping incorporate some petals as well into the scene. 





   The other day, Annabeth showed me a couple of features in After Effects. I can't really remember what it's called now (Thank goodness I took a screenshot and scribbled down some unreadable notes that day whilst she showed them to me) but several of these features were able to incorporate things such as rain or snow in there. Unfortunately, CS4 lacks many features that the new version has (Such as being able to rotate falling 'leaves', which can't be done as shown below), and so I will be planning to install my student trial version in hopes of getting more out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment