Sunday 24 April 2016

The Bond of Four - Backgrounds 2


   Whilst the original illustration had a much more 'golden' colour scheme than what I presently went for, I felt that a darker look would be more suited for such a private room, the meeting place for which Date (The assassin) meets with his Lord for whatever orders he decides to throw at him. A gold palette would have worked better for the throne room itself, and also, that palette was pretty much already taken for the forest design (Which can be seen in the previous post).

   After doing up a really quick sketch of the layout (Whilst also incorporating the two characters in there), I mainly used the shape tool for this background design and did some quick brush overs for the shading and textures. There was a little warping too, that still doesn't look all that great to me, but it's definitely better than keeping the walls completely flat. In the final version, there is a very slight arc if you look closely. I then finished up this background design with some torches on the side... nearly everyone has said that this background looks incredibly cozy, and I can live with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment