Tuesday 3 May 2016

Extended Practice - Voice Acting 3

   Actually spent an hour or so a couple of weeks back rerecording a few lines for David's animation, as there weren't that many lines to record for, there was a lesser chance of me losing my voice by the end of that session. This time round, I decided to let David have the headphones (Again, I still find myself wondering why is it that BOTH studios only had ONE set of headphones in each of them?), making sure he listened to every single recorded line before we moved onto the next one, especially since there were volume mishaps when we were listening to them in one of the previous critique sessions. I also have this annoying tendency to read most lines far too quickly and so require way too many retakes for even the simplest of lines. I was not going to leave that studio until each line was recorded clearly enough and satisfied David and his vision for his character.

   I know I am far from being a professional voice actor (Heck, while I did try my best in those sessions and thought I sounded pretty okay then, I still felt like falling into a black hole when I heard my voice last week during our final presentation), but again, I really did enjoy myself and hope to improve myself further from here. I get so shy even when I record my own stuff for fun, but, again, I just need to keep practicing, really, especially if I really do hold an interest in this area. There are so many amazing animators (Alex Hirsch), singers (Estelle) and writers (Anthony Burch... yes, he counts!) that do such amazing voice work themselves and I really hope to be anything like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment