Thursday 5 May 2016

The Bond of Four - The Art Book


   I deleted quite a few pages and removed a few sketches when going back to finishing up this art book for my submission, just so that the layout would look neater and more constant throughout. And seeing as there is not much you can get from the animation in terms of its story, it was only right to contextualise the characters more thoroughly in the book itself. I also didn't include all the new storyboards that I did in there and was a little more selective when it came to that (I didn't get the time to storyboard the fight scenes anyway, but I did after all animate those scenes directly into the animatic itself instead of storyboarding them like I did the other scenes, so it's probably a little redundant when you think about it).

   Much like the art book I did for COP3, the layout is actually really simple and clean with me focusing more the placement of the images and the text itself, I didn't necessarily place in other design elements since there was already so much to see when it came to all the concept art and storyboards, it was just going to look incredibly busy if I did. Though, I might consider adding a few tiny things (Perhaps a little background for the notes) after this deadline before I send this book out for printing.

   There are still quite a few more sketches I did, but they honestly didn't fit into the art book. And it obviously isn't wise to squeeze every single thing in there, and so I placed them into a separate folder instead for submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment