Thursday 5 May 2016

The Bond of Four - Palace Background

   I had to put together a moodboard before I started designing this background, while I loved the colour scheme (Being mainly green) from the original illustration, I actually realised that my drawing looked absolutely NOTHING like a garden palace if a palace at all (It looked a lot more like a village in fact), and so extra research had to be done before I started. It was obviously meant to look brighter than the other palace design (Not because it takes place outdoors), and is meant to look more cheerful and colourful-- though, this is all pretty messy considering this scene actually takes place before that one... oh well.

   There were so many times when I nearly ended up putting in too much red (Since most of the references had that sort of colour scheme, it also doesn't help that one of my other backgrounds already had a dark red colour scheme to it...), so this background proved to be a huge challenge to paint and took a lot more time when compared to my other background designs... in fact, it's still not quite finished.In an attempt to make it a tiny bit more detail, I did a tiny bit of photo manipulating and placed it into the background itself, instead of wasting too much time painting that part.



   I am definitely going to go back to polishing this further after the deadline, no way is this the finished version (As you can see from the horrific scribbles at the very back), but for now it will work as a placeholder background for that scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment