Wednesday 4 May 2016

The Bond of Four - Final Presentation

   Based on the feedback I received, my peers were mainly impressed by the concept art itself, such as the character and background designs and the colours that were used. There weren't too many changes to my animatic since the last time I showed it to them (Save for the opening scene, which I still hope to clean up some more before submission), and so I understand that the animation itself didn't necessarily stand out to them as much as the visuals did (Seeing that it was mainly just messy animation sketches).  Though some compliments were given to the hair animation for one of my characters, which I of course was still not satisfied with. I am glad that some of them took notice of the wind/breeze movements in what would have otherwise been still shots in the beginning, because that definitely took way more time than it needed to (I still need to finish colouring in that one scene in fact).

   I received quite a bit of helpful feedback from my lecturers about more properly considering the layout for the pages of my art book. And if there is one thing that I should have close to finished by this deadline, it is the art book itself. While I did in fact use InDesign while putting it together, I can understand that I need to make the layout more consistent to each page instead of simply throwing them within the margins and columns (I did however based my messy layout on the Soul Calibur art book I happen to have on me, though I will be referring to other books with a cleaner layout after this). And of course, I will need to contextualise some of the images in there instead of leaving it as a picture book.

   While it will not be done for this submission, I am interested in having a physical copy printed out for my art book once more content is added and polished. Case Press has been referred to me by both my peers and lecturers, which I hope to utilise in due time. But in the meantime, this first version of my art book will be published on Issuu for my submission.

   To wrap things up for this blog post, I still really hope to have most of the animation sketches cleaned up and finish colouring in a few scenes in (Which I have thankfully done by this point). The art book should also be brought to more satisfactory standards by this friday's submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment