Tuesday 11 March 2014

Flow, Form and Force Study Task

I was originally much more worried about not being able to finish such a large bulk of work, especially with the submission deadline for all Visual Language assignments being just around the corner (And there is still just so much to organize and label!). In the end however, I was honestly really surprised how enjoyable this exercise turned out to be (Plus being made to time ourselves for each pose actually made time management so much easier for us all), there was so much laughter as we attempted to scribble out each pose within 10 seconds, as well as the silly poses that we all managed to pull (I have to say this session has also given us some sense of confidence…).


Rhythm is a Dancer
I believe that I should try to create cleaner, more singular strokes for such works in the future, though then again my works have always been sketchy, especially when I begin to rush. I still think that I haven't actually done such a bad job for my first try, I believe a strong sense of motion can be seen from my works, despite how sketchy they are. I also had fun drawing the outline of different body shapes.

Like a Puppet on a String
Ah, Push it!
While 10 minutes does not sound all that long, my friends needed to take a break or two in between, despite how comfortable their poses seemed. By this time, we started playing some 80s songs to keep our models distracted (And while it was amusing I can't say it actually worked…). I found the arms in the forth one absolutely terrifying, so I quickly did up a tiny pencil sketch in the corner before time ran out.


Strike a Pose
For this one, we ended up using one of the tables as a form of support for most of the models' poses, of course they were given a few short breaks in between as usual so that they could stretch their stiff joints, half an hour seemed much too long to me, so I tried my best in drawing each one out within 20 minutes instead.

I had fun playing around with a variety of mediums, while pencils (And perhaps ink) will obviously be the easiest to handle, I must say crayons actually came in a close second during that session, and while I absolutely enjoyed using charcoal, I still need to better familiarize myself with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment