Thursday 3 December 2015

The Bond of Four - Moodboards

   I honestly should have started way earlier on my mood boards for my COP3 project (Which I had only just put together earlier this week), and I am certainly not making the same mistake again for this module. These were the mood boards I quickly put together for my first Extended Practice tutorial session to give my lecturer an idea on how exactly I am visualising this entire concept.

   This first board focuses mainly on the overall aesthetic of the project,
it is obvious that this project will be much more colourful as compared to Lurk,
and will have a very Asian flavour to it (Despite being a mainly fantasy based world
that I hope to build from scratch, so this also means researching into more fantasy
based
works as well, which should include fairytales, myths, and so on). 
This one focuses more on a series of traditional costumes from various ethnic groups,
as seen from my old illustrations, a lot of inspiration and influences were actually taken from
Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Peranakan costumes. I attempted to include some more
variety this time round.
Some ideas on landscapes once I get started on designing the universe itself.
And here are my main inspirations and influences in terms of... everything.
The art and colour style, the character and costume designs, the narrative, etc.
Some of these examples have been applied when I had first worked on Bond of Four
all those years back, and now a few new inspirations have been added to this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment