Thursday 4 December 2014

Acting Up - Production - Modelling the Setting

Once I got back from today's class (Or should I say yesterday?), I immediately started on this, and I just can't believe how much I managed to get done today (Heck, I even laughed in disbelief in the last post when I wrote that I was planning to start modelling the background and hopefully get it done in the same night)... 

I really appreciated my friend also helping me out in picking out the version she preferred the most (I had posted a bunch of background concepts in the previous post), that being the one with blue night skies and the glowing moon.

I initially thought of designing a separate tatami mat that would be placed in the centre of a wooden floor, before deciding that I would stick to the old, simpler design where it covered the entirety of the floor instead, I was wasting too much time to get the pattern to look right as shown below, and so I went back to the plain strips.


After that, I quickly modelled a sliding door that I would then duplicate several times to cover the walls of the dojo. a paper and wooden texture was used for this one. Initially, I was hoping to simply download one off somewhere, before simply making one on my own when I couldn't find a decent one. Thankfully it wasn't all that hard, I just needed to remember to group it together later on (As well as Freeze Transform and Delete the History).


I didn't want it to be a room with just 'four' walls, and so, much like the concept, I added in a little empty compartment (Where a shrine is normally placed in traditional dojos) in the centre of the back wall.



I expanded the room a little more after that.


I added in the moon after that as well as a backdrop for the night sky, I still need to mess around a bit more with the glow value of the sphere as well as the lights themselves (While I used an ambience light, I will probably add in a spotlight later on to create those soft rays of light from the moon), but for now this will do.



Before I finally closed Maya for the night, I quickly imported Moom and the prop in, positioned him for animating later on, as well as parented his hand to the prop (And I was so stupidly happy when I was able to do that with not that much trouble... but eh I suppose I shouldn't celebrate now since I'm not too sure how much I will struggle when it comes to him swapping the weapon between his hands).


No comments:

Post a Comment