Sunday 24 April 2016

The Bond of Four - Scene 8

   About more than a week back I decided to work on this scene first as I figured that it wouldn't take too long to animate it (After all, it's just her closing her eyes and lowering her head, or so I had initially thought...). You will probably also notice that this scene has now been changed to its original side angle shot (That I horribly doodled out in posted storyboards) to show more of her face. This entire thing took long than it should have as I began inserting in more frames upon realising that 2-3 frames just did not cut it to create a fluid enough movement for her head. 

   And no, the nightmare (It's not as bad as I am making it out to be, but I am just in one of those moods by this point as I am writing this) didn't necessarily end there, I realise after awhile that it would seem a little odd keeping her clothing (Particularly her hood) so incredibly still, especially when considering that she is sitting in a breezy little area. And so, I drew some little squiggly lines over her hood and collar to show the presence of wind, especially for the first few seconds, which I will still have to clean up before I commence colouring... and speaking of that.



If this was to be inserted into After Effects, it should consist of at least 6-7 layers.
1-2. Clouds, 3. Skies, 4. Tree, 5. The character herself, 6-7 Rays of Light
   This is also my first try out to see how the shading and lighting will be done for the overall animation, it took some time figuring out what would be the easiest and least time consuming style to use without cheating and going back on my goal to create an animation with a decent level of production values in terms of not just animation, but the colouring, shading and lighting itself. While I am rushing by this point and will not be able to finish the entire thing for my submission, the least I can do is at least finish a few scenes to my desired standard and hopefully get most if not all of the animation decently lined for colouring before the end year show.

No comments:

Post a Comment