Friday 10 October 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Idea Generation and Scheduling

And now for the Studio Brief…

While we continue to familiarize ourselves with Autodesk Maya, over the next few months until the end of this module on January, our main assignment is to choose a verse or chorus from a song of our choice, that we are to then confirm with our lecturer. Once that is done, we can then commence further dissection of the lyrics to create a performance which can be interpreted through the provided Maya character… Moom.


While we can't create a model from scratch (Because that would take ages I believe… thooooough we could probably try to make one during our free time, EXTRA CREDIT), we have to create a prop for it to use in the animation, which should help us a little in figuring out what song we should choose (I suppose it can't be anything too complicated (But it can't be too simple either) or anything that involves more than one character).

We have to use our own voices when recording the dialogue for the character, whilst we can alter it a little, we can't make it so that it completely unrecognizable (Which reminds me… an up and coming voice actor once said that effects are to enhance one's voice, NOT create). So it's finally time I checked out that lovely little recording booth with some friends and have some fun!

Anyway, as usual, I carried out the same steps as I slowly begin getting things to order whilst also generating some ideas...




Brief Outline for Studio Brief
Unfortunately, I am one of those people who don't actually listen to the lyrics of a song, unless I decide to learn the song for a performance. Though we don't actually have to follow the song's original tone, if we are creative enough, we can instead give it a complete makeover, perhaps do a complete contrast to the lyrics. (For e.g., Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head can be done in a Death Metal style instead for a more hilarious and dynamic effect)

In the meantime, I listed down a number of songs to pick from, and quickly posted up the list here before I end up adding in more and making things worse (Which is happening right now), if I'm still stuck on choosing, I might quickly do up a second mind map:


Idea Generation - Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment