Wednesday 22 October 2014

Intro to Maya - Try Outs with Moom

So I finally had the time to mess around again with the rigged model given to us for this assignment, after familiarising myself better with the controls when modelling my truck and prop, I find it a lot easier now to pose with Moom, though I can't seem to figure out how to move his fingers and make him clench his hands into fists, surely there has to be someway, otherwise, how will he be able to hold his prop? I really don't think we are all meant to animate him holding his prop like a hot potato.

Other than that, the rotation tool seems to be the most used one next to the directional tool, the legs do get a little iffy when I move them with the latter, since they can stretch, it looks pretty unnatural unless I do some very careful adjustments to it.

There is also one more problem, and I can't really figure out how to move the keyframes about, and they seem to disappear after I play the animation or click on a certain frame... and I'm not sure what it is that triggers that.

This is Moom, say hi to him. His teeth will be removed by the next frame,
how very kind of me.
Now take a bow Moo-- wait a minute...
Phew, there we go.



I still can't figure out what is the best way to save an animation after, Playblast doesn't seem like the best option, and saving it in separate images for compilation later on sounds terribly tedious, I'm however guessing that I will have to make do with the latter when the time comes, in the meantime, I will try to ask around. 

Honestly, it's the settings that scare me the most about Maya… and I think I might have screwed up a little with the rendering settings when I was trying to get a better quality video to post here (Hopefully I can reset it later).

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about rendering a proper render yet. I'm sure Mat will cover it soon enough, but it takes quite long to do (without you having to do anything!) It'll be alright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yooo thanks man! Haha sorry I always get caught off guard to know people are actually reading my posts! XDDD

      Delete