Thursday 30 October 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Rough Storyboard

I quickly did up a storyboard today that I could refer to for tomorrow's workshop, I had to make sure that I chose possible yet still fairly impressive moves for my animation (I of course had to check if they were possible by acting them out myself), and even if I myself am still not able to perform some of these moves, I still could easily refer to the videos and gifs I had gathered together for my reference.

As I was storyboarding my chosen verse, I began to wonder whether it would be possible to cut off the last bit and shorten the animation down to around 17 seconds instead, those first 17 seconds seem to work quite well on its own, and the last bit started to seem a tad redundant (Or perhaps it was because it didn't seem to move along as smoothly as compared to the rest), nonetheless I storyboarded the entire thing, it all simply comes down to what my lecturer and peers think of the matter.

I can't really explain each frame in detail, but
basically it simply shows the character confidently
handling his weapon and performing a few decent moves,
before he drops it and cowers in the corner as the
unseen singer/narrator practically puts him down.
And as usual, I drew up some alternate scenes as a precaution:


No comments:

Post a Comment