Monday 20 October 2014

Study Task 1.1 - Modelling Skills - Keep on Truckin'

As promised, here are my tryouts at model making, I think I'm slowly getting the hang of the basic controls:

Cab.


Forgot to properly crop some of these screenshots but here is the connector for the cab.
First attempts at bevelling, I learnt later that it is the fraction value and now
the offset that should be altered… though I believe I already wrote that in the notes.
A chassis and some stretching.
WHEELS
And axel and middle pivoting later on when group the three objects together.
I thought I was done since the tutorial ended here, but luckily my friend reminded
me that there was still the trailer.
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, FRIEND?


After that, it was time to mess around with colours, I immediately knew who
I wanted to base the colours on...
So I messed up and didn't save my file properly into my thumb drive when I had decided to bring it back home for further modelling, but starting over isn't so bad, especially when you are already feeling somewhat familiar with the controls and still have a tutorial in hand! It didn't take too long to create the basic shape of the truck, before I started adding in some basic details...


Importing an image was a tad difficult for some reason, and I'm annoyed over the fact that I probably forgot how to do it now. But I believe it had something to do with importing an image as a texture when creating a new shader.

I will be honest, setting up the lighting is one of the most annoying tasks to me.


It's never going to look right...
After more fiddling~
People climb in through the windows, there is no need for doors.
It needs lights or it will  crash when the sun sets!
The shadows still bug me, also I had to crop the last image since the background refused to cooperate with me, hopefully I will have some time to mess around with it a bit more before this Friday (Which is the same thing I said when it comes to experimenting with Moom… help). I was so tempted to add in metal textures, but I think I better slow down a little for now before I drive myself nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment