Thursday 19 December 2013

Adobe Flash and Adobe Photoshop Lesson

Adobe Flash

A couple of weeks back (Yeah, I know, I should have had this post published ages ago…), we started learning about the basics of Adobe Flash, notable differences are how vectors are used instead of pixels, and allows for a much cleaner look and of course, preventing any decrease in image quality (Much like Illustrator, a program that also uses vectors). I can see why this program is used more often for online animations than Photoshop, if you actually familiarize yourself with it, it is a very helpful and efficient animating program.

I am still trying to get the hang of this program however, unlike Photoshop, I had never actually touched the program, despite it being installed on my laptop for years now. At the moment I decided to look back to a tutorial a friend so kindly linked me to many years back, perhaps this might be of some help to my classmates as well, and here is another helpful one that my classmate shared with me.

I definitely won't be using this for my present animation project, not until I familiarize myself with it some more. 

Adobe Photoshop (Video Timeline)

The week after that, we returned to Photoshop animating, this time however giving the Video Timeline mode a try instead, previously we were taught on how to use the Frame Animation mode.

The only differences I believe is that it will be less tedious when extending certain pauses in an animation, otherwise I believe it is pretty much the same process as the Frame Animation mode, especially when you wish to create a smooth animation (Because that's what I wounded up doing during our studio exercises, I didn't extend any of the frames on the timeline and made each of them 0.1 seconds… if I remember correctly).

In all honesty, I still prefer using the Frame Animation mode, though the Video Timeline might work better when creating simple gifs.


No comments:

Post a Comment