Monday 5 May 2014

Tale in the Sting - Production - Teacher Scene

This was the last scene I ended up working on considering that it was an optional scene to begin with. The process was pretty straight forward for this one so there isn't much to say actually, I just drew the props in first, sketched, animated and colored Totto-chan first (Since her movements are really simple), before finally finishing up with her teacher.




The only scene that actually took some time for me to work on is when the teacher gets startled by the loud noise caused by Totto-Chan, it took awhile to make the little segment believable enough as I tweaked around with the layers to fix the speed and timing of that bit, it was also much later when I decided to add in the squiggly lines to make her appear as if she's shaking. I also find myself a little fond of the flowers that appear above Totto-Chan's head.
Definitely the most 'anime' scene out of them all.
While I had given a couple of scenes a soft white glow to them, I actually felt that this one didn't necessarily need one, since it already lacked a background and already had a lot of white negative space… but just in case, I did two versions like I did with a few other scenes (Such as the music scene) for my lecturer to see.

I hadn't actually considered why it was that I had decided not to give this scene a background from the very beginning, but with my lecturer bringing it up, I suppose the reason is that I wanted to portray a couple of scenes as more fragmented parts of the character's memories (So she is only able to remember the more important parts and is not able to visualize the entire thing completely, such as how her entire classroom had actually looked to her), and so they might seem 'fuzzier' as compared to other scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment