Saturday 9 November 2013

Final Study Task - Progress 2

Accurate depiction of my present state
Alright, so I put my heart and soul into this final project, I nearly sprained my fingers and my back is killing me, but I think I finally got it done… though it could obviously have turned out a lot better.

Since there wasn't much time left, I felt that digitally animating my final project would be the most efficient way to go, as I could easily go back to any frame and edit them should they seem out of place, there also wouldn't be the issue of wasting time scanning in frames one by one.

I believe a bit more explaining is in order for my decision in my choice of animation style. Aside from time constraints, I actually believe that by using a limited color palette, certain details can be better enhanced to create a more dramatic feel, many examples of horror works tend to stick to such a coloring style (Such as the few that I had shown in my research post). And by using a spot/outstanding color for the gore, that will especially allow it to stand out more than fully coloring each frame for the animation.

Also to me a simple line art style would conceal the true intent and aim of the animation, so to allow me to surprise the viewer with what occurs later on (Why am I making it sound like my animation is a full length film?).



I had to sadly cut back on a number of details, otherwise I would have planned to render each frame like these two I did while I was experimenting:

 

… as well as go into more accurate detailing for the blood splatters and such… the best I could do was clean and thin the lines a bit more, as well as try to prevent the tentacles/tendrils/tendons from looking like a blood fountain show (And honestly it now looks like bacon to me). I also had to cut out the last scene as I was taking too long to smoothen out the animation (Though I placed the unfinished scene inside the development folder for submission).

Alternatively I am going to title this animation "That Escalated Quickly", for obvious reasons. Now I have to go back and polish my other works for submission, whew.

Also to my family, I promise I will work on cuter and prettier projects after this, I love you guys, mmkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment