Thursday 23 January 2014

Environmental Story Telling - Finished Works

To give each place a unique feel and atmosphere to on another, different mediums were used for each set, seeing how dull a classroom setting can be, I decided to use a more vibrant color scheme as compared to the original (Noticing that the walls were a tad yellowish when I was rechecking some photographs I took), I decided to bring that out further in the drawings with a stronger shade of yellow, using a mixture of color pencils, water colors and markers. 

The first set could use more detailed rendering to create a stronger sense of depth, otherwise they all seem quite flat despite how most of them are still drawn from a few different perspectives. I suppose I could have thought more about compositions as well seeing as most of them are drawn as portraits here.


This second set of Skipton Castle took up the most time but to me, turned out the worst, perhaps I could polish them a bit more with some more shading and rendering, or perhaps I should draw up a few new ones when I have the time.


This surprisingly turned out to be the best set in the end (Various places in Singapore's Turf City), it was quite well received by the others (And I was so worried about how plain and clean the set looked at first), seeing that most of them have a sense of depth and interesting perspectives. 


I have to admit that the sketches I did before in my sketchbook looked a lot better than these 'refined' pieces (But it always feels that way with me). The best I can do is to add in some more detailed shading for some of them before submission time, and maybe just maybe I could redo one or two of the wonkier looking ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment