Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Classical Elements - Post Production - Sound Recording and Final Touches

I had searched about for some royalty free sound effects, but none seemed suitable enough for my animation, and so in the end I ended up recording all of the sound effects myself, it was fun (Though I probably have bad luck now for opening an umbrella indoors when recording the umbrella sound effect…) and didn't take too long. Only the metal clang and umbrella was created with the use of objects I could find in my room, the rest was me having fun doing silly sound effects.

Perhaps the toughest sound to record was the wind as it lasted for quite a bit in the first half of the animation, so obviously I ran out of breath numerous times and had to make quite a few attempts to get it to sound half-way decent, I also tried not to make it sound to sharp for the sake of the viewer's poor ears.

I wasn't able to record a puddle splashing sound effect however, nor could I find one online for some reason, all I found were recordings of pool splashes, which of course sounded far too deep. I really hope it doesn't take too much away from the overall animation.

Also I did not realize until much later how the video lost most of its vibrancy after exporting, so for the titles and credits, I used some JPEG images (That still had the original vibrant color palette) and used them as freeze frames of sorts.

Have I ever told you how much I wanted to be a voice actor?
And a comedian, airforce pilot, street fighter, transformer

And… that's it, I am just so grateful and touched that my parents have been so patient and understanding throughout this entire thing, my mom was constantly making sure that I was eating while working on this animation during her stay here and my dad was even trying to help out when I told him of my laptop problems during our FaceTime sessions. I just… I just couldn't ask for sweeter parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment