Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Classical Elements - Post Production - Camera Editing

The next thing on the agenda was to do some camera editing, there was a reason why I had designed a  background bigger than 1920x1080, even though I could zoom in during various scenes (Which I still did) so that there would be a little cinematography, I really did wanted to give my character more room throughout the animation when it is being thrown about by the wind, instead of switching between scenes with separate backgrounds which really wouldn't work for such a short animation.

There weren't many issues when doing the camera editing in After Effects, all I did was use some basic screen movements (Plus there was no need to use the motion blur effect since I had already done it manually in Photoshop), perhaps the only issue was making the camera move fast enough to catch up with the character's speed, to fix that, I just added in more keyframes, but at times that made the camera movement quite shaky. It is also a plus side that After Effects didn't hang or crash on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment