Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Classical Elements - Production - Animation Sketch

Warning: Animation sketches may cause epilepsy attack.


I thought I might have been able to catch up (Remembered when I said how far I have fallen behind? Because it only got worse from there!) with the others when I had managed to sketch the majority of the animation in one day, but for the remainder of the second last week, I was wasting time smoothening out some parts, repositioning a few, adding in a few frames for some, and redoing most of the walk cycles (The first few were so wonky, and even though I told myself to just ignore it and get on with the painting… I just couldn't).

 

Walk cycle graphs just weren't doing it for me when I needed references, and so like my previous Animation project, I went back to looking at sprite animations, thankfully the newer Street Fighter characters (Well Street Fighter III isn't exactly that new anymore, but you get what I mean) had more unique walk cycles, Makoto's one was especially helpful especially when it came to animating the character as it attempted to fight back against the wind with the umbrella as it's shield, it was also the toughest one to animate as compared to the strolling and stumbling (Though the latter could have been done better as well).

Helpful, yes, but I did have to make a few sketch attempts before I was satisfied with it.
You're probably thinking that by using this one as a reference, my character is hence a girl. Nah not really, I was hoping to keep my character genderless in this animation, and anyway by properly repositioning the hands of my character, the strolling animation looked a lot less feminine. (And yes I know she's a he, in America at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment