Tuesday 14 April 2015

Live Brief - WeLoveFine - Design 2

The next design was something a little simpler, I was actually inspired by a really old piece of concept art that was done for Disney's Cinderella film in 1950, where a particularly romantic scene between Prince Charming and Cinderella was so effectively presented with just a few simple brush strokes. I thought this look would especially suit the show's still rather mysterious Space Princess and Outlaw (That have only been mentioned in the pilot so far), considering the way they were first introduced in the pilot.

Ignore the bottom sketch.
The process for this one was thankfully a lot faster than the last one.


It was just figuring out the overall layout.


So I know I said that I would avoid silhouette designs, but it's not
necessarily a silhouette design when there's some extra colours and
clothing details added in.
When adding in the extra details, I did look up some of Natasha's
concept art on her Tumblr. 
That giant star was simply a placeholder, until I got the rest of the design
figured out.
It took some time figuring out what to the add to the end of the swirls, 
but in the end I went with something really similar to my 
main source of inspiration.


And finally a little rose to the top (Based on what I believe was official art
from the show where the characters were framed by white roses)
as well as some little stars to decorate the entire thing.


Despite how simple this design is, I actually like it a lot more than I do the first
design, it definitely has a stronger concept as compared to the princess pin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment