Tuesday 14 April 2015

Live Brief - WeLoveFine - Design 4

My final design was based on an adorable japanese train station poster someone shared on Instagram, the characters are drawn in a simplistic manner with rather thick outlines, but it is the usage of colours that particularly stand out to me. And so, I wanted to do something similar for an otherwise typical design featuring the show's characters.



I did switch the cherry and temp bot around later on,
I actually tried to avoid including the otherworldly
characters aside from temp bot.
Line art... took awhile to clean up.
Again, clean line arts aren't my forte.
Started colouring.
As mentioned before, I switched temp bot and the cherry around.
Added in some highlights and shading, definitely started to look
pretty alright by then.
By this point, I was unsure about whether I should alter their outlines so that
it would go along with the beam of light behind them.


It doesn't seem too noticeable when I looked at it from a distance, so I went
with the unaltered one, though I did add in some light lines to the
falling objects behind them.






I definitely went all out with this last design, I even went so far
as to avoid using the painted style that I used for the first three and painstakingly
tried to get the line art to not look so sketchy. I'm pretty happy that
I forced myself to finish this design, it feels like a big finish to the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment