Wednesday 15 April 2015

Live Brief - WeLoveFine - Submission and After Thoughts








I was surprised to see that my designs were accepted so quickly (I actually found them about an hour after I submitted in the last one while attempting to navigate around the newly designed site), but it was only today did I receive an email confirmation. 



Before then, I had already begun to share my designs on whatever social media I normally used in hopes of getting a decent amount of ratings for each of them. Though in all honesty, I am actually more interested over what others will think of my designs, when seeing how each design is rated on WeLoveFine (And did I mentioned how strangely terrifying their rating system is?), it just makes me all the more curious about how my designs will be received to complete strangers. 

It would definitely be wonderful if one them gets a positive response, but I also wish to know which ones do not actually appeal to potential buyers (It would be lovely to get some proper feedback too, but from what I can see, no one really bothers to comment on this site).

With the experience gained from similar design briefs such as Ohh Deer and Qwertee, the designing process for this brief definitely went by a lot quicker and more efficiently than I could have hoped. Again however, this brief was focusing on a specific series, and so what I needed to focus on other areas such as style and concept. It also helped that this brief allows me to bulk upload, unlike Qwertee that tells us not to do so, and instead suggests that we spread out our submissions for their voting system.

As the real deadline/s is so far off, I suppose that this is as far as I can go with this brief. While I am not entirely sure if I have improved in efficiency when it came to designing for competitions, I do feel that I have finally grown accustom to the process of promoting my works online, I also have become quite familiar with doing up quick (And hopefully appealing enough) product mock ups of my designs for these types of competitions.

Overall, it has been a good experience entering these competitions, I never truly had the opportunity to do so until I started this module. It has given me a little more confidence in myself (I still hope that I can gain more supporters in due time) and I do feel that I can only get better from here on out when it comes to product designing.

No comments:

Post a Comment