Tuesday 14 April 2015

Live Brief - WeLoveFine - Design 3

While I can't say that it's a running joke (Like how temp bot's voice and appearance changes with each episode), turtles seem to be featured a couple of times throughout the show (Along with other things...), and so I thought this would be a cute element to focus on for my third design. I really was hoping to keep some of these designs as simple as possible, considering how most people tend to go for simpler designs than overly complex ones (This is also based on personal experience when I first started designing things for my Redbubble shop).

The sketch for this one was super quick and rough, and so I had to take some
time to add in the proper details. I also had to change Puppycat's pose
(Seeing that my sketch is practically just a blob).
Clean line art isn't my forte.
Repositioned his legs to make it seem as if he's actually moving.


Starting colouring in, as well as added in that extra detail shown in
the character sheet.


I should have been done with this design by this point, but I frankly wasn't
happy with how it looked...

While I was planing to keep it flatly coloured, I once again thought that
it looked too plain and so decided to go with a painted style,
where it looks like the design is done out of chalk or
crayons.


Didn't seem right without some grounding either.


I messed around with a plainer one before deciding to go with one
that matched the textured style of the characters.

Another cute and simple design, the style was based on the illustrations that
were normally shown in the opening of each episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment