Wednesday 18 March 2015

Competition Brief - SYFY - Submission and After Thoughts


I was only able to design one more storyboard in the end due to the sudden onslaught of numerous school projects and deadlines, while I had actually written 4 new scripts, I was only able to roughly sketch out 3 of them, and only finish one just a day before the deadline (As I was also struggling to finish another school assignment that was due on the same day). A part of me does not necessarily regret this however, as I was still able to finish one of my stronger ideas for submission, the others can be storyboarded as part of my portfolio when I have the time to do so. 

I also took the time to make the storyboards a little more presentable by using a different template (Something less academic looking, as suggested by my classmates) as well as a different font, I also included the range concept board to see how they could actually be applied in various mediums, which should help the client visualise the idea better.


The submission process for this brief went a lot more smoothly as compared to the Alice one, aside from the fact that I now roughly knew how to fill out the submission sheet, this was my main brief, which I had dissected relentless during class sessions, and so I didn't need to waste anymore time figuring out how to answer questions such as why I chose the brief and the process behind my idea.

While I felt that I have actually submitted in a decent amount of content for this brief, I still hope that it is enough to get my idea across. Regardless, this has been a good experience, and I hope to get even better from here on out when it comes to brief analysing, hopefully I will slowly become more efficient when entering future competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment