Sunday 8 March 2015

Live Brief - Qwertee - Design 4

I wanted to put this up as a shirt design on Redbubble awhile back, so I figured, why not use it for Qweertee as well?  It still did look a little plain however, so I ended up taking some time in figuring out what else I could add to it before I submitted it in for voting. It only seemed right that this design would need some typography too (As I am sure not too many people, particularly users of this site, would understand the reference).

I intentionally added in some slightly tacky 90s design elements to give this piece a slightly more nostalgic feel, it was hard sticking to one as even I was a little put off by how ugly they looked, but I felt that the neon coloured geometric shapes (That looked like those awful Microsoft Office clip art that you never want to use) was a really important element to this design, and so eventually, I managed to stick with at least one decoration, that being the bright flowers, that was inspired by De La Soul's album art.

Original piece.





Tee Design.

Something tells me however that this design will also not do as well as my past ones, I have already begun to notice a pattern when it comes to what catches the attention of Qwertee's audience, and I am pretty sure that these will be one of many designs that will not be of interest to them. Still, an experiment is an experiment, and maybe someday this design will actually catch the attention of a 90s lover...

I still have one more design that I wish to submit in before I am finally done with this brief. And hopefully it will do better than my past designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment