Monday 30 March 2015

WWF - Finishing Touches

Anna and I spent the last few days finishing up our entry for the WWF competition, while she was drawing and hand making several pieces (Such as the fishing net and lumberjack) and sending them over to me, I was spending the first day gathering some clearer and larger images (Since some of the photos I used for the final critique were actually a tad more blurry than I wanted them to be), while also cleaning and editing them all into PNGs that I could then easily put together later on.

Seen here are one of the photos Anna took for me that we could use as trees.
Some were definitely a lot harder to clean up as compared to others.
For some reason food colouring on the second photo turned out a lot greener
as compared to the first photo, so that needed to be digitally altered to match.
The fishing net took quite a bit of time considering how delicately thing the threads
were, but it was worth it!
With Anna's work, this definitely looks so much better as compared to the piece
we presented during our last Responsive session.
I think she did an absolutely wonderful job on this net, she had poured her sweat
and tears into it, and it clearly shows.
Also now and then, with all the images I placed in, despite the fact that I rasterised them, the file size would reach nearly 2GB, slowing down my laptop performance, and so now and then I had to go back and see if I could merge any of the other works to bring down the file size, hoping that I will not have to go back to alter them later on.

While Anna said that we should just go with the hands I made...
I honestly think the new pair she drew out looks much better, all I did was darken
them a tiny bit more.

I also showed Anna an alternative where a darker table surface is used for the slides, while I suppose it stands out a bit more (Well for this slide at least)... Anna and I believed that the lighter table surface still works better for our concept, plus it might hurt some people's eyes when looking at the second one for too long.


We also decided to add a little summary page to better explain our concept, it will be submitted in as a supporting item, a much shorter summary was put into the entry form, and hopefully this still isn't that wordy to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment