Tuesday 31 March 2015

Live Brief - Qwertee - After Thoughts


While voting has not yet ended for my final design, it has already gotten more votes than the first four designs, still, it is nothing compared to the number of votes received on other far more popular designs. In order to find out what designs appeal the most to Qwertee's audience, I suppose I would have to investigate further by sending in other designs in the future. While it would make sense for a Marvel or DC related design to be popular on a site like Qwertee, my SHODAN design also racked up a decent amount of votes. 

Something definitely went wrong with the Street Fighter one, perhaps the design could have been better, or perhaps it was because of a little glitch that occurred when I tried updating it with a better mock up image... Either way, it shows that a design based on a popular series might not always get as many votes as one would expect.

In the end, I believe it all comes down to getting a strong enough following that can practically back you up with a snap of a finger (Metaphorically speaking), and so you really do just have to continue designing things as well as constantly promote yourself to get your name out there. It will take time, but if you feel that there's potential in your designs, you just need to keep going...

These designs (Even the least popular one) definitely did a lot better than my cushion designs for Ohh Deer, though I suppose this is because Qwertee is a much more frequented site as compared to Ohh Deer, it was interesting to see how many strangers took interest in my designs, and it was wonderful getting a few comments too saying how much they liked my design! I do feel a little braver now about sharing and promoting my works, though I know that it will probably annoy others, it really is necessary if you wish to get enough supporters, or at least recognition for future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment