Sunday 7 February 2016

The Bond of Four - Character Designs 2

   I managed to get Princess Hanabi's character design done, as well as experimented with a few other hairstyles for Ayami (I really liked the last few ones, but they would all be too difficult to animate). Princess Hanabi's design is obviously meant to contrast Ayami's in every way. She is meant to be your typical princess, who is full of rainbows and sunshine (Well, most of the time), and while some people may find that annoying that about the naive woman, people cannot help but be drawn to her as well, seeing as she is a genuinely sweet and caring person. Sometimes, it's not all that bad having someone like her around...

Princess Hanabi
    Hanabi's original design sported a lot of little gems on the hems of her sleeves and dress, obviously, I had to remove all of that as shown above (Still, I will probably do up a nice portrait of her with all those details included in) for the animated version. She was also the most fun to experiment with in terms of color scheme (I actually want to do a few more, but I feel that I should move on for the time being and get the other characters done first).
Alternative hairstyles for Ayami. 


A closer look at Hojo's facial design.
   As I had mentioned in my previous post, while Hojo's design is much simpler as compared to the rest of the cast, there are also some little details added in there to still make him somewhat memorable. He is the only character that has heterochromia, and while I was almost tempted to chosen more outstanding colors for his eyes (Such as green or blue, though, I notice that a lot of character designs tend to go for that combination when it comes to designing heterochromatic characters), I decided to go with something a little more subtle.... It's still going to stand out either way, especially during close ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment