Friday 19 February 2016

The Bond of Four - The Script

   During the last Extended Practice session, I found myself struggling with writing the fight scene itself. In due time, I realised that I should have simply penned down the key scenes (Such as the assassin having his mask smashed off by his opponent) that I would most definitely want to feature in it and simply storyboard what I am able to visualise in my head. Unfortunately, I really am not the best when it comes to writing and properly describing a fight scene (I mean, I am still learning), and so a lot of time was wasted trying to write it in great detail. 

   What made it all the more challenging and time consuming was how I attempted to divide and spread it all throughout the animation. The other scenes where characters were being introduced did not take as long to write (Even the alternate versions themselves) and were in fact completed within an hour or so had I not been so distracted by the fight scene itself. I was able to consider whether they would be too difficult to animate and so wrote in a few simpler alternate scenes as well.
  
   But thankfully, as of now, I think I can finally begin storyboarding. I am planning to storyboard the fight scene as one whole piece first before dividing and spreading it among the other scenes where the key characters are introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment