Saturday 6 February 2016

The Bond of Four - Working with Rosy

   I mentioned way back that Rosy will be working with me again on making a title sequence, and here's the progress so far on that.  About a week or so back, she asked me, along with a few others some necessary information needed to get the ball rolling. So, this isn't all that different to what I included in my Statement of Intent, but there's definitely some new information in here too:

1. What am I making?


A short story/teaser concept that should be around 1.5 to 2 minutes (This will be full confirmed once storyboards and an animatic are done)

I was especially inspired by these few examples (Particularly the first one):
https://vimeo.com/channels/staffpicks/124313553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5H9KqYZXiY (First 30 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5H9KqYZXiY (Updated version since the project met its goal on kickstarter)

Might be doing a little research write up on each of these examples in the future.

2. What sort of theme do I have in mind?

So, to summarise this animation, it's definitely going to be pretty… anime. I will definitely throw over a bunch of concept artwork to you that won't be in the animation itself, so there will actually be different content seen in the titles, just like in Lurk. It might be good t0 show a teaser preview of the characters themselves in the opening title (Like, don't fully reveal them, show close ups of parts of them that will make them stand out as a character each. The closing can have more stuff of scenery and whatnot?

3. What duration is the animation?

Around 1.5 minutes, that example might have been almost 3 minutes but lol, I'm not gonna kill myself like that. At most, it will be 2 minutes. Once you add the titles to it, it would definitely be around that 2min 40 sec mark, wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment