Friday 5 February 2016

The Bond of Four - Writing the Script

   While the duration is pretty short and there isn't any dialogue in this animation, it did take me a little longer than usual to write out a script I was somewhat satisfied with.

   As I started writing it about a week or so back, I began to realise a few things. Sure, before that, I did put together a list of things that I needed to carefully consider when implementing them into the animation itself. The usual such as characters, settings, key scenes and... a small preview of the story without giving too much away (But, seeing as this is such a short animation, no one is really going to know what is going on). But, I soon realised that I needed to remove quite a few things to keep it under 2 minutes (Going over that with my intended level of quality when it comes to the animation's aesthetic would not be realistic). 

   A few characters especially have been removed and will instead be featured in the artbook itself. I needed to make sure only the most important (Had to add in 'most' there, seeing as so many if not all of feel really important to me) characters are focused upon in this little teaser animation. These characters are especially detailed in design (With two of them wearing some pretty snazzy armor sets), and I cannot begin to image how painful it would have been to animate (I am already doing a lot of simplifying for the characters that will be featured in the animation after all, which I will talk about in another post).

   Another challenge was to make sure that the animation still... flowed. One scene in particular (That being a fighting scene between two characters) get divided into several bits and will be spread out over the entire duration of the teaser. It will start with the fight scene AND it will end with the fight scene, this is at least one scene I am very sure in keeping.

   Once I finish touching it up a bit more, I can hopefully begin storyboarding it and get an animatic sent out to my composer. He definitely needs more time to compose something proper for this as compared to my Context in Practice 3 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment