Friday 26 February 2016

The Bond of Four - Third Tutorial Session

   So, the one thing that stood out in particular from this tutorial session with Mat is the fact that we will be presenting our Pre-Production work by the 17th of March, which is in about 2 weeks time. Of course, I had to be honest and inform Mat that I was at least 1 week or so behind on my work (When checking back to the schedule/gantt chart that I had put together for myself way back) due to some personal matters that have gotten in the way, but I am hoping that I will still have a chance to catch up over the next few weeks.

   Rough storyboarding is at least 80% complete and I should be able to put together a quick animatic over the weekend so that I will now how long its entire duration will be, which will then allow me to know whether I should actually cut out any scenes. To keep to my desired level of animation quality, it is a necessity not to go over the initial duration I had planned for this animation. Sometimes, sacrifices just have to be made, despite how you may love and wish to include everything... and while I am not looking forward to that, it must be done.

   Once that is done with, I will try to insert in more (If not all) polished images before sending it to Luke so that he can begin composing the music for it. And speaking of music, Cara brought up a wonderful idea of intensifying the final scene, along with the music itself. Meaning, a slower but nonetheless 'epic' style of music will play for the majority of the music, but at the very end, things get absolutely intense as the fight scene reaches its supposed climax... I'm terrible at describing these things but I hope Luke will understand what I am talking about when I tell him about it.

   While all main characters have been designed, I still need to design two more characters that will be included in the animation. This does not include the background characters, but that shouldn't be as time-consuming as the main character designs themselves. If there is time, I would absolutely love to put together a few turnarounds for some of them, as well as expression sheets.

   I was gently requested to have some form of animation test done from the fight scene itself as my proof of concept for the presentation itself. Not that these lists have been of great use to me based on past experiences, but here we go, a little list on the key things I should try to finish up before the presentation day itself:

  1. Character Designs
  2. Storyboard
  3. Animatic
  4. Some Background Designs
  5. Last Few Research Posts
  6. Animation Test/s

No comments:

Post a Comment