Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Bond of Four - Animation Tests

   To make up for the fact that I still need to get a lot more concept artwork done after tomorrow's deadline for Research and Development, I tried including as many animation tests as I possibly could into the animatic itself, there should be more resting periods/pauses added in there as well as some speeding up on certain parts, but other than that, it should still be below 2 minutes, excluding the title sequences later on. 

   Over the past few days, whilst looking through numerous references, I ended up directly doing several animation tests (After storyboarding a couple as well based on some instructional videos I watched, and oh, there were way more that I watched, I'm just not going to link them all here) for the fight sequences to see what might look decent enough to be inserted into the animatic itself, there were a lot of times I wondered whether I should just let them use one weapon each instead of a dual set (Just to make things easier for myself), particularly Ayame, who is seen handling two fans in most of my concepts of her. 
   
   The same goes for Date however, whose fighting style is based on Taki from Soul Calibur, but while she herself handles dual kodachis, it is not often that she would use both of them and has a preference in using the one placed on the higher part of her back (Which at times makes the second kodachi more cosmetic in my opinion)... Either way, Date is going to get his butt kicked in this animation.

Only background I did by this point.

The colliding bit can most certainly be sped up a bit, I also feel that I should improve
on the strength of the impact itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment