Thursday 17 March 2016

The Bond of Four - Critique Session

   My animatic was pretty well received by my peers and lecturers during today's critique session, particularly the intricate movements from the animation tests shown and the fact that it was a solid enough animatic to pinpoint exactly how long the duration would be. In terms of the fighting animation, I was advised on including some frames where the weapons would appear blurred, just to further enhance its movements and speed. At the moment, I am still trying to figure out how to animate strikes that have stronger looking impacts, but I believe that it will simply have to be trial and error as I further polish out these animation sketches over the next few weeks.

   All the main concept art is at least done and so any other concept art would just be further addition to the concept art book itself (Which I will most probably do in between all the upcoming animating). I now at least have all the important references I need while animating. I will still however have to quickly do a few more color experimentations with Lord Hideyori, which should not take too long. I should also begin listing down the number of background designs that I need to start painting out, whilst also figuring out which ones I can actually reuse or modify slightly to save time.

   I have also sent the animatic to Luke last night, and thankfully he will also be able to get some sound designing done as well. While he was initially worried seeing that the examples I sent him used traditional instruments, I told him that I would be happy so long as it had a similar mood and still fitted the animation. The animatic has also been sent to Rosy too, once we actually recover somewhat over the weekend, I believe a proper discussion is long overdue between us (I am beginning to wonder especially if all I need is an ending title sequence instead of two to sandwich the animation, since I feel that the title could be shown at the very end instead considering how this animation is presented).

   While we might have submitted our Research and Development for this period, I am still very much keen on getting a little bit more research blogging done over Easter break, just a couple more as there are some works that I believe will inspire that have only been released recently in theatres, and a few other practitioners that I hope to look into after my write up about Yutaka Nakamura.

   Other than that... I think I need a few days right now to recuperate before getting on with more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment