Sunday 13 March 2016

The Bond of Four - A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

   Things have been a huge, huge mess for me these past weeks, and with the deadline for Pre-Production work drawing near, I found myself swapping between several things over the last few days. While my rough storyboard is practically 99% complete, I found myself changing a few things whilst working on the animatic, such as completely redoing some scenes or cutting them out completely (Needing to make sure that I didn't go over my 1 minute duration).

Fight scenes not included here.



   I ended up storyboarding several different versions of the fight scene (Whilst watching numerous videos for references), and having a tough time deciding on which one to go with, I found myself trying out an animation test for it instead which I could then throw into the animatic later on. Fight scenes are admittedly hard to visualise for a newbie such as myself, and most certainly took much longer than I expected to storyboard. The final scene especially is suppose to dramatically if not abruptly increase in terms of the tempo and pacing.

Try outs.



    After having a glimpse at Cara's own storyboards and animatic, I felt that both our scenes of our characters falling back were a little too similar (My scene can be seen in that terrible photograph of my rough storyboard if you look reeeeaaal closely), and so I decided to try something a little different with my scene. While I am still unsure about whether I should go with this version instead of my character simply falling off screen, I will at least have an alternative for the time being. I also feel that this is certainly more dynamic and humorous to see as compared to the original, and will certainly present the more humorous and clumsy side to this character.

   I have also decided to give in and order myself a tablet (With permission from my parents of course) in hopes of being more efficient and productive from this period onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment