Sunday 23 February 2014

A Tale in the Sting - Pre Production - Development 2

Art Style
With Iwasaki Chihiro and Hayao Miyazaki being my main inspirations for this project, I was very intent on using watercolors (Or at least an effect similar to it), be it for coloring in the characters or for the outlines themselves (Though I think basic lines work just as well), I also liked the idea of using a different color for the outline, this was more of an accident as I tend to use color pencils for sketching in the initial stages, and as I continued sketching, I just liked what I saw, the question though is which color to use.

Concept Piece
Note to Self: Don't be a lazy butt and just do watercolors on watercolor paper next time.
Ditto.
A copy of the last concept piece, this time with a colorless background.
Honestly I'm kind of starting to like the idea of coloring the backgrounds
instead of the characters...
Coloring Style
A friend had advised me to pick the very first one, seeing it actually works pretty well on it's own for the animation (Not simply because it would be the easiest to do), so if I was to discard the idea of coloring the characters' clothes in watercolors, perhaps it could instead be applied to their outlines or the setting designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment