Sunday 2 February 2014

Responding to Sound - Animations

I had to switch between several different softwares when I was working on these animations (I mean some had to look more organic and had to be drawn frame-by-frame, while some had to look cleaner and more vectorized like the first one below):

Buzzing Computer

This ones seem a smidge bit dull...

Though this one hurts my eyes a little...

Frying Egg 

Obviously I done goofed on this one, I was trying to avoid making it look
like it was exploding, and so it makes sense to draw more frames in between
and redo the ending.

It still looks like it is exploding near the end… I might have to redo this one, AGAIN.

Magic Baboo

This was a lot harder to animate than I thought, as mentioned in the previous
post, "Magical Girl" animes were the main inspiration for this one. So I looked
up a few "Sailor Moon" gifs for references, disappointed to find that
there are only basic animations of balls and rays of light…
...nothing with diamond-shaped rays...

I really wanted the animation to look similar to the drawing that was posted
in the previous post, so managing to stick closer to the original shapes used,
I used a different brush resembling chalk or color pencils to give it a more glittery feel.

Quarrying, Explosion - Single Blast in Hard stone Quarry

This one is pretty fast otherwise I think it turned out okay.

Rapid Warbling Alarm

I think the rays could be sharper and spikier.

No comments:

Post a Comment