Sunday 23 February 2014

A Tale in the Sting - Pre Production - Storyboard and Animatic

This is a little off-topic (Or maybe not), but I nearly had a heart attack when I thought that a movie had already been made for this book, but all I have found so far are trailers for the book itself and documentaries (Which should prove helpful!)

I was worried that I didn't have enough scenes for the entire title as I first wrote down a list of possible scenes, I also started worrying about biting off more than I can chew as I roughly drew out the dog and musician scenes, but I suppose as long as I know how to manage my time, I should be able to get it done.
By the time I started on the animatic, I had come to a sad (Though I was relieved too I suppose) realization that I had to cut out some scenes as it all could not fit into a duration of 40 seconds without me having to shorten or speed each scene immensely. I now hope to get some advice from my peers on which scene to keep in and which to take out during my Interim Critique tomorrow. For the animatic however, I decided to cut out the teacher scene, seeing that it doesn't fit quite as well as the other scenes, though it is a pity since I still find it cute (And also quite simple to animate).


For some reason I couldn't upload the video here, so I had to upload to youtube instead, and expected, due to copyright infringement, the music has been muted. My choice of song by the way is "Always With Me" by Yumi Kimura (Made famous in "Spirited Away), awhile back I had sent in a request to be given permission to use it, so I will just have to wait for a response until then. I also have a backup song "Love Letter" by Ai Otsuka (To which I also sent an email about), and if worse comes to worse, I also believe that I found a somewhat fitting royalty free song to use instead!




Chances are that I might simplify the style further as I continue into the Production stage, it is a pretty last minute thought, but something "Okami-ish" might work pretty well for this animation… well, we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment