Saturday 1 February 2014

Responding to Sound - Sketches

When my lecturer said that this would be a challenging assignment I… well, yeah, I believed him and braced myself for one of my weaker points, conceptual slash abstract drawing. 

Aside from the fact that it was a little difficult to get out enough ideas initially as there weren't many examples to refer to whilst working on them, I believe it was a good exercise, a chance to try something different, to use my other senses in visualizing something that is not often seen by us the naked eye.

I had to make sure that these images could later on be animated, and so had to draw sequences for a few of them, I would go a little nuts with the colors before remembering that only two was allowed for each (Which should actually make things easier for me).

I decided to figure out each images' composition later on when I started on the more polished drawings (Though it was written on the brief that it could just be used for the animations, I decided use the same 1280x720 format for the drawings anyway). I did however take into account how soft or loud each sound was, or even which direction (Whether it sounded clearer on my left headphone or my right) the sound seemed to come from when listening to each of them, which would be quite important for usage later on during the composition.


No comments:

Post a Comment