Wednesday 21 January 2015

Competition Brief - Macmillan Children's Books - Overview

Well, this is actually a competition brief, but I was still hoping to do it as part of the 5 briefs alongside the main one I had chosen:

Who
Pac Macmillan Children's Books

What
It is the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and to celebrate, Macmillan will be releasing new versions of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and Through the Looking Glass and what Alice Found There (1871).

How
Create a new cover and two interior page illustrations for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, in any art style, all in 270x215mm, in PDF.

When
Deadline is on the 19th March 2015.

Why
This event hopes to bring in some new readers. While this brief states that their target audience are the parents and gift givers (Such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.), they are clearly aiming to get new readers, and are of course aiming at the newest generation of children. As for me, it will once again meet one of the 5 briefs, and can be added to my portfolio and resume.

This is an adequate amount of time seeing that it is a competition brief, and so I should be able to show much more progress and development for it as compared to the Ohh Deer Live Brief. I should have more time to get schedule done for it too (Much like I do with most of my other module projects), as well as work on a few more concepts, still, I can't take it too slowly as I should be putting a lot more focus on my main brief (The SYFY brief), so hopefully I can get it done way before the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment