Sunday 25 January 2015

Live Brief - Qwertee - Brief Analysis

Who?
Qwertee is a site that focuses on selling various tee designs for a limited time, but at low prices. A
n interesting feature that Qwertee has is their "One Tee Shirt, One Day Only, One Incredible Price" offer, where shirt designs are made available for a limited amount of time before they are gone for good.

What?
Design a maximum of 5 shirts.

How?
Designs are limited to 5 colours on dark shirts and 6 on light shirts and a maximum print size of 30x40cm (12x15.75 inches).

When?
No Deadline, Submit Whenever

Why?
I didn't do very well for the Ohh Deer contest awhile back (Considering that it was more of a popularity contest), however the voting system for this one is somewhat different. While I am unsure what the outcome will be and what response I will get for my designs, I am sure that I will learn more about what sort of designs appeal to the masses. I will have to also consider my selection of colours for each design as there is a limit for each one.

It is suggested that I shouldn't upload all my designs at once, as my votes will be spread out among them, so it's normally better to submit one or two designs at a time and promote them to get more votes. So my plan is to either get all 5 done over the next week and slowly upload them over the next few weeks, or simply just get 1-2 done each week.

The most popular Qwertee designs seem to be based on existing medias (AKA, fanart), and you would probably have to be an incredibly experienced and well-known designer if you decide to put up an original piece. Fanart based shirt designs will definitely be easier to work on, especially during this short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment