Friday 16 January 2015

Acting Up - Post Production - Fix Ups

Aside from the usual little fix ups like readjusting the inactive constrained hand so that it still looks like its holding a part of the prop, there were quite a few other things I needed to get fixed. It got pretty tiring since I had to switch between different kinds of tangents in the graph editor to get them all fixed...


OF ALL THE WEAPONS I DECIDED TO GO WITH.
Preventing Moom's Self Infliction


I took my peers and lecturer's advice and humorously took advantage of Moom's body gaps to allow the prop to pass through him, it was definitely a much better idea than simply adding in more keyframes so that he would not attempt to swing his prop forward and through his body. It was a little challenging though as I couldn't exactly pull apart his hips and midsection away from one another, but instead stretched them both enough so that the gap would widen as well.

The Jump

I added in the anticipation for the jumping bit where he bends his knee before jumping up into the air and when he lands back down on that one foot... And of course adjusted the tangents a little so that he doesn't float back down. I suppose it looks a little better now, I hope it's noticeable when my lecturer marks it though... this bit will forever bother me no matter what I do to fix it...

The Last Part


While I almost decided to change the final pose to him simply falling to his knees in despair, I thought to myself that the original pose suited the sequence more. While Moom is meant to look upset, he also needed to look ashamed, and so the curling up position still suited the ending better. So I simply deleted a few key frames, and brought the remaining ones closer together to speed up the bit, and preventing it from looking like he's pretending to be a mime and sitting on an invisible chair.

I did want to make him look like it was crying at the end, by making his shoulders shake... but, he doesn't really have any shoulders. I tried messing around with the neck, but I felt that it would take too much effort getting it to look right (Maybe next time).

Other things I fixed was the sliding feet issue, I simply added in a frame where he lifts his foot up instead of sliding it over the floor, while there is still a tiny bit of sliding for the foot that doesn't move around too much (With the exception of turning in a different direction), I believe that those do not need to  be fixed (As I was able to keep my foot on the ground when moving it into a slightly different position during the reference recording).

I also tinkered a little bit more with the lighting by changing the colour, and making it a tiny bit softer... before finally rendering everything all over again... I hope it's a little better now.

All I have left is my evaluation and... I think I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment