Wednesday 21 January 2015

Live Brief - Ohh Deer - Mindmapping

So before moving onto executing the designs themselves, as usual, I quickly did up some mind maps to better absorb the brief's information as well as well as brainstorm on some design ideas and what techniques should be used for the cushions themselves. The questions presented in the study task briefs have already been answered in a previous post.


While I had somewhat of a rough idea on what I could dish out over the next few days, I still thought it would help to do a little brainstorm on what styles, colour palettes and mediums I could and/or should use, whilst I definitely should go with something I am familiar enough with that will allow me to create works in a decent amount of time, I always wish to see what types of designs appeal exactly to the masses on this site.


I do notice that a number of works submitted in by others are based around existing works (AKA, fan art), something that I had asked about from a classmate of mine when I had first heard about the competition. And so another thing to consider is whether I should take the easier way and do the same, or attempt to create more original works to showcase in my portfolio? A large part of me believes that it would be safer and more challenging and worthwhile to work on more original pieces (I can after all get fan art works done for Redbubble whenever I want), as I am also uncertain about the copyrights when it comes to the former choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment