Monday 12 January 2015

Acting Up - Production - Animation Progress 3

While it might seem pointless for me to post this after losing it all in a sudden crash, I thought I might as well still show what I had actually done today, everything in italic will be what I have lost in the fire (... why am I writing like this?).:

So the first thing I did today was to adjust the very last bit where Moom begins to cower away after dropping his weapon, looking at the playblast, I noticed how fast that bit went that you couldn't really see the inbetween frames (And they are there, honest). All I really did was spread out the keyframes a little more, and seeing that there are no changes to his face, I didn't need to adjust anything else other than his body.

So... yup, I will have to re-render this entire thing all over again after this, I will just make sure to start the rendering process before midnight or something, that should be enough time if I was to end up rendering it the night before our critique... or submission day.


So I caved in and added in an extra wall (The forth wall, haha!) to the setting as the bit of camera animating I wanted to do will involve facing that direction I simply did that by duplicating the back wall and simplifying it a little by removing the window and changing the shelf to an open doorw-- no wait, hold on a second.


... By removing the window and changing the shelf to another sliding door. Yup, much easier than modelling and open doorway that would have led to another room (Which would be a waste of space even if I simply used a duplication of the main one).


At first I thought the wall above was a little too plain now that the window was gone, and so I tried decorating it with some Chinese calligraphy, before simply going back to the plain wall, seeing that the camera will only be facing this wall for the first few seconds of the animation anyway.


The reason I didn't want to add in the forth wall in the first place was the fact that it would obstruct my vision most of the time, and if I were to zoom in past it, everything would just be too close for me to properly see anything.

But anyway with that done, I then separated each wall into their own layer so that I could easily remove any of them if they ever got in the way.

Also, today's new issue revolves around a missing texture for my prop, for some reason, the metallic paint texture has disappeared and so the blade's shine is gone in the render. I am still not sure on how I am able to fix this issue seeing as I have already combined it into a single item, but I did try reassigning the texture to the node, seeing as all the texture nodes are still separated from one another despite the prop being one object now.

Once I have everything else finished up (Particularly the research blog posts), if I happen to have more time, I will try to get the following done:

1. Find a way to fix the blade's metal texture.
2. Polish up the bit with Moom jumping in shock.
3. Polish up the bit with Moom cowering at the end.
4. Do a little camera animation at the beginning.
5. Render it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment