Thursday 22 January 2015

Live Brief - Redstack Asia Pte Ltd - After Thoughts

Due to communications with the client becoming scarce once I handed in the design to her, it wasn't until a couple of months later when I was able to find out what became of it. In the end, it was instead used as a Christmas E-card to be sent to their customers to announce the office's closure as well as provide the obvious season greetings, instead of the EDM promotion as they initially wanted.

It soon became clear that there just was not enough space to put in all their promotions, and so they had to go with something else. They probably did not have the time to contact me seeing as the holidays were just a few days away, so I suppose I cannot blame them for leaving me in the dark for so long and not asking me to help them in any way. On the bright side, at least it was still put to some use.

If I was given more free-reign and more time, I might have made a few more changes to the overall design. I frankly thought that a landscape orientation would have worked better and would most definitely have provided more space for the information they wished to insert. And I would have loved to add some small bits of animation, such as making the christmas lights glow, and of course add in more details.

It was not the worst possible job I had, what I mainly disliked was the lack of communication later on (An aspect that I found incredibly important in any sort of work), no matter what relations I have with that client, regardless of whether they are close to me. I have actually considered writing up a contracts for future jobs, no matter how easy or difficult it is, so to avoid such issues again.

No comments:

Post a Comment