Thursday 6 November 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Audio

... I sang the whole song, just for kicks.
As usual, I recorded my song in Garageband (Well, for my past animation projects, I had actually used iMovie... but normally I would use this for recordings I post on my audio blog), it took a little over two days as I constantly re-recorded numerous parts over and over, I was struggling a little as I didn't really want to sing any part in too high a pitch (I did however record one such version just in case worse comes to worse), as it takes away from the fierceness, annoyance and anger felt in the original. And so obviously, screw ups like it being too quiet or my voice breaking would occur when I tried lowering my voice for certain parts.

Not only that, construction has been going on for weeks now outside my accommodation, and during the night (Which should actually be the best time to record), fireworks are being shot from within the accommodation.

I am thankful however that I had chosen a song that I really liked, and while I redid my recording over and over, I never actually got that sick of it.

... I hope I don't have to record this all over again, we will see whether this audio is satisfactory enough for my lecturers.

No comments:

Post a Comment