Saturday 8 November 2014

Live Brief - Ohh Deer - Overview

I was glad that some of my classmates shared this competition on Facebook (As I have been worrying from the very beginning about not being able to find enough live briefs to meet this module brief's criteria), it helps that it is also a simple and enjoyable enough one to carry out:

Who
Ohh Deer Quirky Illustrated Gifts

What
With Cushions being one of Ohh Deer's most popular products with their online customers, we are given the chance to see how popular our designs can be when placed in a public domain.

How
Submit in a cushion design (Maximum being 4), you can increase your ranking by getting your posts liked, tweeted and pinned (Ugh…). Winners are picked based on designs that fit well within the brand itself, it will need to be contemporary at most, and have been shared by purchased by their audience.

When
Uploads close on the 15th November 2014

Why
For them? It's the usual opportunity to get in large quantities of new products to put up for sale and earn money from. For me? It will not only meet one of the 5 briefs, but can also be added to my resume once completed (Which is still embarrassingly short).

There isn't much I can show for progress when it comes to this brief, I however might be able to show some sketches as I rush to meet this brief's deadline, while we can only submit 4, there is no need to design them all as a matching set, and so I can also experiment with several different styles in hopes that one of them might be well received by the audience. So all I can do right now is simply get to work before it's too late for me.

So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment