Friday 7 November 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Interim Crit

So today's presentation went something like this:



Anyway, I felt that I was rushing through it (Despite how much I had prepared the 2 days before), and it seemed like such an obvious thing to take some screenshots of Moom in Maya instead of actually drawing it out... otherwise I wouldn't have been asked whether I had experimented around enough with the software. I also really need to hold back on the cursing, because being nauseas isn't a good enough excuse to not be more professional. There were just a lot of idiotic things I found myself blurting out today before I could stop myself... and I really hope my lecturer forgot to press the record button of his camera, because I think I have a good enough memory to remember how badly I screwed up today.

A few things I need to keep in mind over the next few months are learning how to use the animation constraint controls for this animation (Which Matt will teach me), and to to find out once again how to successfully create a spherical background (If the ones I have been doing so far are wrong). 

I got a lot of helpful feedback in terms of what background I should design for this animation, in the end, I will probably be combining two background concepts together. I was glad that my choice of song and how it will be presented was amusing enough to my peers, and while I had initially planned to cut out the ending, I have decided to keep it in after the somewhat decent response it received. 

Camera angles were questioned (As I hadn't drawn them into my polished storyboard), and while the tools for them are said to be simple enough to handle, I will probably only experiment with them after I have finished the animation itself (I will probably go for some simple rotation angles if I do, much like the ones seen in the Soul Calibur weapon demonstrations), and the same goes for the background, in terms of polishing it up, I believe now that creating a spherical background for it will be a little tough, and it if it takes place at night, I will have to create some simple lantern props, otherwise it will just be too dark, even with the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment